Tokarevskiy Lighthouse, or Tokarev lighthouse, is one of the oldest lighthouses in Russian Far East. It’s one of the main sights in Vladivostok, attracting many citizens and tourists every year.
Strong currents and low water between the Tokarevskiy Cape and the Russian Island make it very dangerous for the ships to enter the Port of Vladivostok from this side. The lighthouse is there to mark the dangerous peninsula and lead the way to all the ships entering Vladivostok. It was built in 1876 – only 16 years after the foundation of Vladivostok city – at the end of a sand spit on Tokarevskiy Cape. Up to 1980s a wooden bridge connected the lighthouse with the mainland. Now the bridge is gone, but the remains of the bridge are still there.